This assignment covers chapter seven, Strategy and Technology, and chapter eight, Strategy in the Global Environment.
Chapter 7 Questions
- Describe standardization, format wars, and how standardization can lead to a format war. Who can benefit from a format war and why?
- Once standardization occurs, how does an industry benefit?
- During a format war, describe how competition occurs and how a price war can take shape.
- Define first and second movers. what are the advantages of being the first mover? What are the advantages of being the second mover.
Chapter 8 Questions
- Why do companies go global? Once a company has decided to go global, what entry modes could the company leverage to break into the global market? What is that entry mode is based on?
- What additional benefits from economies of scale does a company receive from going global? How economies of scale can be related to the decision of a company going global?
- Describe the main strategies available to an organization going global. Describe why different strategies may be chosen.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of the different entry modes a company can use to break into the global market? What resources and distinctive competencies a company should have to choose specific entry mode?