- In this assignment, students will identify a minimum of four trends that will come into focus within the next five years that are relevant to the topic chosen in the Stakeholder Analysis assignment.
- Identifying trends, you can use PEST (political, economic, social, and technological factors) or DEFB (drivers, enablers, frictions, and blockers). With PEST, you can discuss the political factors that are driving a specific trend. For example, the government had provided a tax break for individuals driving a hybrid or electric cars. Therefore, we can forecast an increase in consumer demand for hybrid or electric cars.
- Each trend analysis should include:
- Current examples of the trend: events, inventions, modifications, applications, etc.
- Current claims about the trend: statistics, quotes, papers and research, etc.
- List of counter-trends (if applicable), with references
- Implications for related industries
- Trend name
- Category description
- The present-day evidence or reasoning behind your selection of the trend, such as:
- Your source for the trends, with references
- Save as: HUMN450_TrendAnalysis_yourlastname_yourfirstname.pdf
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment, and how the instructor will weigh these components relative to one another.
Activity/Competencies DemonstratedGradeGrammar and proper sentence structure/15Layout, labeling and visual material/15Analysis and research/40Insight and validity of conclusions/30Total/100