- Ethical System: Virtue and the Way of the Universe
Confucius and Daoism both addressed the imbalance of their time. This implies that there is a balance, Way, or order to the universe, the cosmos, or creation. Confucius answered the moral decay of the times with a list of virtues. For this activity, examine Daoism and Confucianism and look for how Confucius’ Virtues addressed the diminishing values of his day and eventually led to realigning Chinese culture back to the Dao of the universe.
Based on this week’s readings, write a 1–2 page reflection in which you:
- Explain, using the ideas of Daoism and Confucianism, how to retain balance in the universe and our world.
- Explain which specific Confucian Virtue you think would best retain balance in the world and why.
- Use two credible sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Examine the ethical systems of major religions.