Q1/ A distillation tower produce erucamide ( C22H43NO ) in the liquid phase with a temperature of 200 °C and purity of 96.7 % needs to be purified and crystallize to produce fine powder erucamide
Briefly introduce the crystallization process and how it works
• include the required calculation of designing a cooling crystallization unit (volume, width, thickness and height) and any additional calculations .
• determine the ratio of erucamide and the ideal solvent, such as hexane and do the material balances required.
• design a P&ID for the entire crystallization unit and discuss HAZOP (Hazard Operability Analysis) for most common hazards that are associated with this process.
Does the unit process requires an Anti-corrosion coating and if it does how regular this should be maintained.
How often does the unit requires maintenance.
• Discuss why cooling crystallization unit it is better than other types.
• In determining the volume of the major equipment which would be difficult or expensive to replace we should have a 20% overdesign capacity to allow for future debottlenecking.
Note: for Q1 the words must be 2000 word
mix of fatty acids
ammonia and erucic acid
film evaporator unit
erucic acid and erucamide
erucamide and hexane
In 1000 word write what are the Environmental protection which should be taken in each equipment and materials associated with it.