- Think about the characteristics of transformational leadership.
- Review the Sherman and Pross (2010) resource related to workplace culture.
- Select a scenario from your current or past workplace in which a leader demonstrated transformational leadership.
Assignment (4–5 pages, not including the title page or reference page):
- Describe the scenario you selected.
- Describe the transformational behaviors or actions the leader exhibited. Be specific and provide examples.
- Explain how these behaviors or actions produce the best care and environment for excellence in nursing practice and a healthy workplace environment that leads to quality patient outcomes.
- For each behavior or action, provide an example of how excellence in nursing practice is taking place.
- Explain how the leader’s behaviors and actions contribute to a healthy workplace culture.
- Explain the relationship among transformational leadership, communication, and collaboration with other teams and how this promotes excellence in nursing practice.
Please attention to the case study and the instructions that follow
Post a response to the following:
- Provide the case number in the subject line of the Discussion.
- List three questions you might ask the patient if he or she were in your office. Provide a rationale for why you might ask these questions.
- Identify people in the patient’s life you would need to speak to or get feedback from to further assess the patient’s situation. Include specific questions you might ask these people and why.
- Explain what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate for the patient and how the results would be used.
- List three differential diagnoses for the patient. Identify the one that you think is most likely and explain why.
- List two pharmacologic agents and their dosing that would be appropriate for the patient’s sleep/wake therapy based on pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics. From a mechanism of action perspective, provide a rationale for why you might choose one agent over the other.
- If your assigned case includes “check points” (i.e., follow-up data at week 4, 8, 12, etc.), indicate any therapeutic changes that you might make based on the data provided.
- Explain “lessons learned” from this case study, including how you might apply this case to your own practice when providing care to patients with similar clinical presentations.