Resources: Week Five readings and videos
Choose a product or service from these examples:
• Fast food-This is my choice
• Class of consumer product
• Personal care
Research the Internet to analyze how that product or service has been advertised.
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation in which you investigate the role of advertising in a culture of consumerism. Be sure to discuss the following:
• Who determines ethical standards for advertising?
• In what ways has advertising affected American culture?
• What are the key persuasive techniques used in consumer advertising? Identify one technique per member on your team and illustrate with specific examples, explaining how each technique works.
• Discuss some of the critical issues that may arise from the following areas:
o Children and advertising
o Advertising in schools
o Health and advertising
o Political advertising
• Find one example of a commercial that strikes you as particularly creative and appealing:
o What are the elements that are unusual?
o What is the target group of the commercial?
o How does the commercial appeal to consumers?
o Why do you believe this commercial to be effective in brand name recognition?
o How are ethical standards met (or pushed to their limits)?
Illustrate your findings with specific examples. List any references on the last slide.
Format references consistent with APA guidelines