INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
The overall goal of the Session Long Project is to examine health care delivery in the United States from a strategic perspective.
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, or in short Affordable Care Act, changed the landscape of the health care industry. For this assignment, read the article “Information asymmetries and risk management in healthcare markets: The U.S. Affordable Care Act (ACA) in retrospect” by Mendoza, and write a paper to respond to the following questions:
- Discuss the “moral theory” contained in this article.
- Explain whether you agree or disagree with the author that the ACA was an answer to health care accessibility.
- Explain whether you believe or do not believe that ACA will improve patient care.
- Discuss what you think President Trump should do with the ACA.
- Discuss what strategies you would recommend to deal with economic realities of health care based on your own research.
Length: Submit a 3-page paper, not including the cover page and the reference list.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Assessment and Grading: Your paper will be assessed based on the performance assessment rubric. You can view it under Assessments at the top of the page. Review it before you begin working on the assignment. Your work should also follow these Assignment Expectations.