- How does “minimum staffing” impact your ability to meet your budgeted numbers?
- This chapter deals with specific units of service for nursing workload requirements. What role should the nurse leader play and how should the leader interact with the finance department for a standard definition of measurement?
- As a nurse leader, you have to set up a new patient service budget. What sources of information do you need to build the budget?
- How should a nurse leader use a patient classification (acuity) system to justify nursing hours per day/staffing mix/nurse-to-patient ratios for budget purposes that would be understood by the finance department?
This PowerPoint® (Microsoft Office) or Impress® (Open Office) presentation should be a minimum of 20 slides, including a title and reference slide, with detailed speaker notes on content slides. pictures. Use at least four scholarly sources.
Leger, J. M., & Dunham-Taylor, J. (2018). Financial Management for Nurse Managers: Merging the Heart with the Dollar, 4th Edition. Burlington: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Identify two to three scholarly resources, in addition to this Module’s readings, that evaluate the impact of leadership behaviors in creating healthy work environments.
· Reflect on the leadership behaviors presented in the three resources that you selected for review.
Develop a leadership philosophy that reflects what you think are characteristics of a good leader. Use three scholarly resources on leadership to support your philosophy statement. Your personal leadership philosophy should include the following:
· A description of your core values
· A personal mission/vision statement
· An analysis of your Clifton Strengths Assessment summarizing the result
· A description of two key behaviors that you wish to strengthen
· A development plan that explains how you plan to improve upon the two key behaviors you selected and an explanation of how you plan to achieve your personal vision. Be specific and provide examples.