In this assignment, you will propose a quality improvement initiative from your place of employment that could easily be implemented if approved. Assume you are presenting this program to the board for approval of funding. Write an executive summary (1000 words) to present to the board, from which the board will make its decision to fund your program or project (ON HAND HYGIENE). Include the following:
1. The purpose of the quality improvement initiative.
2. The target population or audience.
3. The benefits of the quality improvement initiative.
4. The interprofessional collaboration that would be required to implement the quality improvement initiative.
5. The cost or budget justification.
6. The basis upon which the quality improvement initiative will be evaluated.
INCLUDE THESE TO ABOVE QUESTIONS
7. Do you believe the proposal would be approved if formally proposed?
8. What are some strengths and weaknesses of the proposal?
Conduct additional research on trends happening in managed care today. The following websites are a great place to start:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Kaiser Family Foundation (Search for the series on health care marketplace trends.)
You can also visit the following videos related to managed care trends:
Managed Care contracting and Payer Scorecards
Monitoring Performance: A Dashboard of Medi-Cal Managed Care
After conducting your research, construct a 3-page report in APA format of your findings. At a minimum, your report should
- Identify at least two trends that you feel have a great impact on managed health care today.
- Discuss the effect these trends have on managed care.
- Explain how these trends will continue to influence managed care in the future.
- Evaluate the potential impact on government and state sponsored, Medicare and Medicaid programs.
- Analyze and provide at least two reasons why implementing Medicaid managed care is so complex.