Go to Section III: Cases and Discussion Questions and read the case: High Blood Pressure: A Public Health and Healthcare Success.
Answer all five questions listed below:
1. How does the history of high blood pressure demonstrate the problem description and etiology components of the P.E.R.I.E. process? What different types of studies were used to establish etiology or contributory cause?
2. How does the history of high blood pressure illustrate the evidence-based recommendations and implementations and evaluation components of the P.E.R.I.E. process?
3. Explain the justification for updating the definition of what is considered a “healthy” blood pressure level.
4. How does the history of high blood pressure demonstrate the application of the four criteria for a successful screening program? Explain.
5. Using the four quadrants of costs and effectiveness, how would you classify treatment of hypertension for the average person? For those with diabetes? Explain.
Your report should be no less than two pages, double-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 font. (500 words). Use supporting sources as necessary. Make sure to use proper in text citations.