Please take a moment to refer back to the Learning Component in Learning Module 2 of this week. Use pages 757, 762, and 767 in your textbook as additional support.
Next, review the following video (licensed under Creative Commons use) so that you understand how to assess sources for credibility. Please note that for this assignment, your sources should include the reading from the textbook for the research option that you chose and two peer-reviewed journal articles from Keiser’s e-Library.
In 700-750 words, create a proposal for your intended research for the final paper. You should include
- Identify which reading you selected
- Identify your research question. If you do not like one of the questions you wrote during Week 1, you may refer to the options Paper Options.pdf Paper Options.pdf – Alternative Formats .
- An abstract of 200 words regarding the intended direction of the major paper.
- The thesis statement to be used in the major paper.
- Three sources that you intend to use for the major paper listed in proper APA format.
- A 170-word narrative for each source that explores the source’s value for your paper.
Please note that your three sources should be the reading that is associated with the option that you chose and two peer-reviewed journal articles from Keiser’s e-Library.
Consider the following as prompts for creating the narrative: What are the major points in the source? Consider main arguments, counterarguments, and other points to be made. Are there graphs or statistics that underscore the main points? Is the source written using academic language and appropriate levels of source support? What makes the source credible? Is it a peer-reviewed journal article? What credentials does the author hold? Is the publication reliable? If so, why? Where will you actually use this source in your essay?
Use the format in this example to create your proposal: REQUIRED PROPOSAL FORMAT.pdf REQUIRED PROPOSAL FORMAT.pdf – Alternative Formats