1. The first assessment, an essay, for this course is due on Sunday 4th November and needs to be submitted by 21:00 of that day. Any submissions beyond that date and time will be treated as late submission.
2. A Turnitin submission will be available from next week, 22nd October where you can check for plagiarism and the essay needs to be submitted by the deadline.
3.The essay title is: Topic 1 . “Type 1 diabetes (T1D) is a chronic autoimmune disease characterized by the progressive loss of insulin producing beta cells in the pancreas. Discuss the relevance of enterovirus infection as a candidate trigger of T1D islet autoimmunity”.
4. You need by the deadline to submit through Turnitin and also a hard copy to the course hand-in room in Blake using the header sheet provided.
5. The essays need to be word processed and the word limit is 1,500 words +/- 10%. You need to pay attention to grammar and write concisely and make sure that you have referenced your work properly using the Harvard reference system.
6. You will be marked according to depth of knowledge of the topic and proper representation of the scientific information and accuracy of writing and referencing.