- Select a bill that has been proposed (not one that has been enacted) using the congressional websites provided in the Learning Resources.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Comparison Grid; 1- to 2-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement)
Part 1: Legislation Comparison Grid
Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the Legislation Comparison Grid Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
- Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
- Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
- Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
- Is it receiving press coverage?
Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1- to 2-page Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
- Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of your position.
- Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and provide examples.
- Recommend at least one amendment to the bill in support of your position.
Research two to three electronic health care resources. These could be websites, mobile applications, or multimedia resources used by health care consumers for their medical needs.
Based on your research, write a 350- to 700-word summary in which you:
- Describe the websites, applications, or multimedia resources.
- Describe how health care providers use these resources to enhance their products and services.
- Explain the implications of using these resources in the health care industry. What are the implications for the consumer?
Cite any outside sources according to APA guidelines.