1. What are the facts of gender in STEM fields – the statistics, trends, gaps by gender as it intersects with other identities such as race?
2. What are the key issues facing women in STEM today that are keeping the gender gap wide?
3. What are some of the implications of this for both fairness and efficiency in the STEM fields?
4. What are some things that schools and workplaces (and individuals) can do to address these issues and make STEM more fair and efficient?
5. How does the presentation of issues and solutions in this report conform (or not) to your own experience with gender issues in science and engineering on this campus? Here you may also want to talk to some classmates about this and include it in your paper, while noting that one or two anecdotes are not a substitute for statistical research it can provide a personal element to your analysis. What might account for any differences between national and local trends if you did find any?
Submit THREE questions and explanations in total.
1-2 pages, double-spaced, Time New Roman 12
Two questions from the first reading and the remaining question should come from the other reading.
You are required to formulate questions in the way in which they address the main points of the assigned texts and the questions should demonstrate that you have read the readings. For each question, you are also required to provide an explanation of why the main idea of the readings is important.
2 questions from Levinas
1 question from Marx