ASSIGNMENT: Using your research question, working thesis, and outline from Touchstone 1.2, create an annotated bibliography that provides a synopsis of your sources and an explanation of how you will use them.
1. Annotated Bibliography
Make sure to:
❒ Alphabetize the entries, according to APA style.
❒ Include the required bibliographic information in APA format for each entry.❒ Include 3-4 sentences for each entry that provide a short summary of the source and how you plan to use it to support your argument.❒ Include at least seven entries in your annotated bibliography, all of which must be credible, academic sources.❒ Choose your own sources, but use no more than three websites (there is no limit on the number of online journals used).❒ Thoroughly check the formatting requirements for the different source types.❒ Indicate the required sources (book, peer-reviewed journal, newspaper/magazine, and credible website) by including the source type in parentheses after the relevant entry.
❒ Have you displayed a clear understanding of the research activities?
❒ Have you answered all reflection questions thoughtfully and included insights, observations, and/or examples in all responses?
❒ Are your answers included on a separate page below the main assignment?
B. Reflection Questions
DIRECTIONS: Below your assignment, include answers to all of the following reflection questions.
- Accurately recording bibliographic information is essential and saves you time, as you can transfer this information to the References page of your drafted essay. Each source entry should include a brief summary of the source as well as 3-4 sentences describing how you intend to use that source to build or support your argument. Discuss how your annotated bibliography meets these criteria. (2-3 sentences)
- Which strategies were most helpful for you when searching for credible sources? (2-3 sentences)
- What difficulties did you face while searching for credible sources? How did you overcome these difficulties? (2-3 sentences)
The following requirements must be met for your submission to be graded:
- Double-space the bibliography entries and use one-inch margins.
- Use a readable 12-point font.
- All writing must be appropriate for an academic context.
- Composition must be original and written for this assignment.
- Plagiarism of any kind is strictly prohibited.
- Submission must include your name, the name of the course, the date, and the title of your composition.
- Submission must include your reflection questions.